Monday, May 16, 2011

Caveat Lector

Hi there.

I don't know how you feel about somebody saying "Hi there" and immediately spitting out this:

"In order to protect myself and my family from potential legal and even physical harm, I have changed the names of people and locations. Hopefully this is just excessive paranoia, but better safe than sorry."

But consider it spat, and we'll forget that it ever was.

If you think you might be one of the people that I or the journal is describing, then please let me know immediately. Hopefully, we can work something out. If we can't, then, I'll stop posting and delete the blog. No problem.

I do think, though, that this blog does have a purpose. I'm hoping that it will help curb a growing trend -- an idiotic one in my estimation.


There are regular people who dress up in costumes that make 60's psychodelia look restrained, adopt nom-de-costumes that would make Stan Lee throw up a little in his mouth, and “patrol” their neighbourhoods looking to prevent... well, I'm not sure. Gangs of supervillainous raccoons knocking over the First National Garbage Can? Evil geniuses bent on parking illegally after 12 a.m.?
Interfering in real crime is going to get you hurt. Hell, you'll probably get your ass handed to you by those three 13 year olds smoking weed in the park.None of you have “powers”. Very few of you have superhuman skills that were honed in a secret Buddhist Ninjitsu monasteries in Tibet. You're more than likely frightened of the spider in the tub, radioactive or not. Most of you probably don't even work out on a regular basis, what with all the patrolling you've been doing.
Yes fellow mortals, they are out there. Their dreams of kicking ass have led them to try forming their own Little Justice Leagues:

Just call the cops. Please.

I'm not being a downer. I'm not against good samaritinism. I just think that once you've read these pages, this superhero diary, you'll be very happy to stay a Peter Parker or a Clark Kent.

Okay, I know. Enough blathering and start posting these damn things right?
Come back every week. I'll have something new for you.

No comments: